Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Great night last night



What a great night last night. We usually start with a series of 90 sec sketches to loosen up. Last night we did something different. The model would take a step, and hold it for about 60 sec and then make another movement. He started on the floor and stepped onto the stage and off again. It was kind of frustrating at first until I found my subject. His feet and legs. I just drew the feet and legs and nothing else. I didn't even actually draw the stage but I drew him on and off of it. I think it turned out quite well.

The next pose was about 40 min and this one really came together well. I feel good about the proportions and the face and to overall feeling of the piece. Soemtimes, when you actually draw a face on a life drawing if feels that you need to alot too much time to the face and it looks out of sorts with the quality of the rest of the drawing. Not this time, this seems to mesh very well.

No comments: