Friday, February 20, 2009

Darks, Lights and Comfort Zones...



So last nights class was so much more satisfying that Tuesday's class. But I was totally out of my comfort zone, and I loved it. The class focused on lights and darks, and we use water with charcoal and ink. The first skull was charcoal and then used a wet brush to use the charcoal like an paint. It was very uncomfortable but I think for my first use, it turned out alright, I mean it looks like a skull.
The second was much more straightforward, ink and a brush. We did some pencils to give the shape and then added inks for values. I have to say, working on paper this size (18x24) really made me feel free, like a had room to breathe. I think the brush and ink really needs this kind of space to open up and helped be feel ambitious.

No comments: