Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Self-Portrait & Practice Sucking



This is a self-portrait done today during my lunch hour. Pencils and then inked over with black, medium-grey and light grey pens. I am happier with the pencils than I am the inks, but that is probably I am not yet comfortable with inking anything. Choosing what to make black and grey and what to leave alone...It is just so...permanent. LOL
Okay, so practicing sucks right? Or am I the only one who cannot stand to sit and draw head shapes (even though that is what I really need right now) and body gestures and hands and feet. I am terrible at practicing, I wish I wasn't I would be a better artist. I would love to find some slick way of making practing fun, but I am pretty sure it is one of those things that you just have to sit down and work on to get any benfit from. Which sucks, cause I suck at practicing.
Does anyone have any tips on making practice more enjoyable? I use music, but other than that, it is just me in the dark with a board and a pen.

No comments: